||EVALUATING SYMPTOM BURDEN AFTER COLORECTAL CANCER TREATMENT
||United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT)
- Dr Darren Fernandes (Specialty Registrar in Gastroenterology, PhD student, chief investigator), ULHT & CaHRU University of Lincoln
- Prof Niro Siriwardena, CaHRU University of Lincoln
- Dr Ffion Curtis, CaHRU University of Lincoln
- Prof Graham Law, CaHRU University of Lincoln
- University of Lincoln
- United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust (ULHT)
||The aims of this study are to:
- Identify the symptoms and totality of problems patients develop post CRC treatment.
- Understand further how these issues are identified and addressed by clinicians.
- Develop a tool to accurately establish the symptoms that patients are suffering with.
||The aims will be achieved through the following objectives:
- A systematic mixed methods review on how colorectal cancer patient’s symptoms/problems are evaluated and addressed.
- Qualitative study of patients’ (and possibly clinicians’) perceptions of post-colorectal cancer treatment symptoms and their management.
- Post-colorectal cancer treatment symptom questionnaire development and validation.
||Through a mixed-methods approach that empowers patients who have been treated for cancer, the study will produce new knowledge that will enable better assessment of patients following colorectal cancer treatment.
||Peer reviewed publications
||The study will seek to inform improvements to care for patients following post-colorectal cancer treatment.