Dr Coral Sirdifield and Dr Rebecca Marples were invited to give a presentation on offender health at the Probation Institute Trainees’ Conference held at De Montfort University, Leicester in May 2018.
In their presentation to Trainee Probation Officers called “Offender Health: Why Should We Care?” they discussed:
• Preliminary findings from their systematic review on research on healthcare provision for offenders on probation
• Key issues in relation to offenders’ health needs and access to healthcare
• Organisations’ roles and responsibilities in relation to providing or commissioning healthcare for offenders
• The role of probation in offender health
• The benefits of focusing on offender health for offenders, probation and the wider society
• Some principles for improving offenders’ health and engagement with health and social care services